CTET is an examination that is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). The full form of CTET is the ‘Central Teacher Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted twice every year.
The main purpose of this examination is to recruit candidates for teaching positions from Classes 1st to 8th in various government schools. CBSE organizes this exam in CBT mode i.e., Computer Based Test. Till now, CBSE has conducted around 15 editions of this examination. The registration for CTET 2022 examination can be done on the official website. For more information, students can visit the official website of CBSE.
How to Prepare for CTET Examination 2022?
In order to qualify for the CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test), a candidate must have a concrete and rigid plan. Aspirants should develop a concrete preparation strategy. Candidates must go through the exam pattern and detailed syllabus of the examination. They must solve some mock tests or papers after covering the whole syllabus. This will help the candidates in many ways: It will help them to boost their confidence and morale. This will also provide them with an outlook on their strong and weak points. After solving the mock test and previous year’s question papers, they must analyze their answers carefully. The following points mentioned below are the preparation strategy for the CTET examination.
- Well-Versed with the Exam Pattern: A student can easily sail through the CTET examination if he or she is well versed with the exam pattern. Knowing the exam pattern will help the candidate immensely.
- Covering the Whole Syllabus: If a candidate thoroughly goes through each topic of the syllabus, no one can stop them to qualify for this examination. Covering the whole syllabus with exact information and knowledge will help aspirants to qualify for this examination easily.
- Preparing more for the Important Section: Every year, it is found that, there are some topics or sections of topics from which the question is asked repeatedly. For example, Child Development and Pedagogy are considered to be one of the most scoring sections. An aspirant must prepare for this topic thoroughly.
Syllabus for CTET Examination
The CTET syllabus is notified to the students with the help of notification every year. The syllabus for the CTET examination is prescribed by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). The CTET examination is divided into two papers namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is for the aspirants aspiring to teach students from classes 1st to 5th. Paper 2 is for candidates who wish to teach classes from 6th to 8th. However, teachers who want to teach students from classes 1st to 8th must appear for both examinations. The following points mentioned below prescribe the syllabus for the CTET examination in detail.
- Syllabus for Child Development and Pedagogy: Child Development Concept, Learning, and Pedagogy, Understanding children with special needs and concept of inclusive education.
- Environmental Studies for Paper 1: Food and Shelter, Family and Friends, UP Related Questions, EVS Pedagogy, Water and Travel, and so on.
- Mathematics Syllabus for Paper 1 and 2: Percentage, Ratio, Algebra, Mensuration, Profit and loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Simplification, Pedagogy of Mathematics, and various others.
- Syllabus for Social Studies: History, Social Studies Pedagogy, Economics, and General Knowledge, Geography and UP Related questions.
- Syllabus for Science: Moving things, Natural Resources, People and Living, Food and Materials, World of the Living, and so on.
- Language Syllabus for both the Papers: Grammar and Unseen Passage.
What is the UPTET Examination 2022?
The UPTET examination is conducted by UPBEB i.e. Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board once every year. This examination is conducted to check the eligibility of candidates who want to teach students from Classes 1st to 5th (Primary Classes), and 6th to 8th (Elementary Classes). The registration for the UPTET examination can be done on the official website. Candidates can check the details about UPTET 2022 from the official website.
For more information, visit the official website of Byju’s Exam Prep.