The world’s top universities accept talented international students and offer generous scholarships. Scholarships and savings won’t last two years abroad. Read on to learn how to enjoy studying abroad without going broke!
How does student travel insurance work?
Many have dreamed of studying abroad. The good news is that more Indians can study abroad regardless of their financial situation. Most of us find moving to a new country, culture, and lifestyle overwhelming. However, adjusting and studying is difficult. If you’re in trouble, these things can be very upsetting.
Student travel insurance plans help. This product is designed for 16-40-year-old students and covers most major emergencies that could affect their education. It provides much-needed protection abroad by combining health and travel insurance. Depending on your study plans, these plans can last up to 2 years.
Why get travel insurance for studying abroad?
Over 133,000 Indian students left for higher education abroad in the first quarter of 2022 after the UK, Australia, USA, and Canada lifted entry restrictions. These students study in 85 countries, from wealthy countries like the US to less expensive ones like Malaysia and South Africa. Studying abroad is difficult no matter where you go. Living in a new country is exciting, but it also has risks. Weather and fraud can quickly drain your wallet. That’s why you need student travel insurance.
Does student travel insurance really benefit you?
Indian student travel insurance policies cover almost all types of students and meet university or country requirements. Travel health insurance is crucial, even if you don’t want it, especially if your university or destination requires it. Most German public universities offer free education, but you must have EUR 30,000 travel health insurance.
Let’s examine student travel health insurance’s highlight features:
- Covers medical expenses, including hospitalisation, while studying abroad. This helps since the US has no public healthcare system, and medical care is expensive
- Online travel insurance covers missed flights, lost luggage, stolen passports, and lost laptops.
- Some plans cover nervous/mental disorders, pregnancy-related medical expenses, cancer screening, childcare, and more
- Some insurers offer bail bonds, sponsor protection, study interruption, compassionate visits, dental treatment, etc.
- Covers major medical expenses, including demise repatriation. It covers permanent disability, and personal accident demise
Coverage varies by insurer. Before buying, verify coverage.
Purchasing student travel insurance
Some universities require you to buy Indian student insurance for travel abroad from a partner insurance company. International student health insurance is more expensive than Indian travel insurance. Global universities offer affordable short-term courses and diplomas to international students. Even a 6-month course requires student travel insurance.
- Declare any pre-existing health conditions to avoid losing benefits.
- Ask your insurer about medical evacuation and terrorism coverage.
- Ensure medical coverage is available at non-network hospitals.
- If you’re married or have children, buy a higher sum insured plan that benefits them.
- Before buying insurance for travel abroad, compare plans online or on a travel insurance app.
India’s economy and lifestyle differ greatly from others. India is affordable and has support available. However, wealthy nations have rising healthcare and legal costs that can be costly if ignored. For your safety, buy a good student travel insurance plan if you’re studying abroad.
Student travel insurance becomes vital once you understand that you will be all alone to deal with any mishaps that might occur while you study abroad. That’s why having a robust travel insurance plan that covers all possibilities is a must if you travel abroad for such a long time. You must research the plans with the above pointers and ensure that you can get one that is within your budget and also has great coverage. Use a travellers insurance app or go online to do your research. Happy studying!
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.